Compression Shorts

Training information, scheduling practice sessions, etc.

Compression Shorts

Postby heavysprout on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:08 pm

Looking for a good brand and model that can be used to help with keeping the upper legs/groin area healthy through training and competing. Specifically sizing, durability and function.

The 'compression' shorts I received from Jackals last year turned out to NOT be a Rehband product...and really sucked come comp' day. But since it was hygenic involved garment it could not be returned after usage and I need something that actually works properly.

Any suggestions and personal experience welcome.
Sprout - 'Semper Paratus'

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the Gift." -Pre
heavysprout

Re: Compression Shorts

Postby TheHammer on Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:08 pm

I use Starter Dri Star, not a ton of compression, but they don't make you sweat like neoprene.
Try not. Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

David Marble
The new sheaf gnome
and board lurker extraordinaire
TheHammer

Postby robert monroe on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:29 pm

i have limited experience wih use but i know and have helped alot of friends that swear by inzer...www.inzernet.com...powerpants are a compession type short that ride high on the hips/lowback.i just ordered a pair cause of my back and im trying to work through some lumbar issues...i strongly suggest you call/e-mail your thih/hip/waist measurement before ordering.i ordered by their weight chart and lets say i will prob lose some skin trying to get em on.lol
trry harder and you will suck less
robert monroe

Postby randy on Thu May 03, 2012 2:02 pm

i'm not advanced enough to know what compression shorts are supposed to do for the muscles...i wear 'em cause my wife buys 'em for me.

having said that, i will add that they are rediculously UNcomfortable in the lower manly region. however, she bought me a comp shorts by Under Armour that have a mesh basket up front, and now i (and my stuff) can be comfortable and safe.

good luck.

rk
STAY HUNGRY!!
randy

Return to Training