VMC kick start

Training information, scheduling practice sessions, etc.

Re: VMC kick start

Postby Sheaf daddy on Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:01 pm

All - Sunday at 9AM again? since it will be cooler we can get a lot more tossing in. Need a lot of hammer and caber too!
Trish: Colin go get your bike and put it away!

Colin: Okay but someone is going to swoop down, stop, take a picture and sell it on the internet.
Sheaf daddy

Postby hmckenzie on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:07 pm

Are you guys going to be practicing this Sunday?
HMAC
hmckenzie

Postby jaredwilliambarber on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:17 pm

Hello, my name is Jared Barber, I live in Richmond, and I'll be in the men's open class in Richmond on October 21st. I don't see any throwing groups around my part of town, I was wondering if I could come learn technique and practice throws before the games. I have gym experience, and have done some strongman competitions, but never any events from the games, nor track and field.

Thanks!
jaredwilliambarber

Postby Sheaf daddy on Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:37 pm

All - sorry have been really busy catching up on sleep now that the busy season is over. We will be training this Sunday at 10 am we will start at the house 8500 stonewall drive vienna va 22180 and then going over to the field.

Bryan

Colin: Okay but someone is going to swoop down, stop, take a picture and sell it on the internet.
Sheaf daddy

Postby SolarSentinel on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:37 pm

Hi Bryan and VMC

My name is Lee Tanner and Malcolm Doying suggested I get a hold of you guys. I also spoke to Joe Hamlett on the phone.

I am a total newbie. Very fit and athletic and have participated in power lifting and other athletics my whole life, but never any form of Highland Style Heavy Events.

I live in Chantilly, VA and am very interested in learning and getting to know the group.

Please let me know when you are getting together to train again, and where.

Thank you

Lee
SolarSentinel

Postby Sheaf daddy on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:15 am

Hey Lee - sorry about this last weekend I was down and out for the count but will be practicing this Monday Columbus day at 10AM

I live at 8500 stonewall dr. vienna va 22180
my home number is 703 573 8282 send me your phone number if you can and I will give you a ring. I am on my fall schedule which allows more time to train in the evening but of course we now have to compete with rain and it getting dark early

Sheaf daddy

Previous

Return to Training