Injury Recovery

Training information, scheduling practice sessions, etc.

Injury Recovery

Postby heavysprout on Sat May 19, 2012 10:28 am

Was back in the swing of things finally...that groove you finally hit when you have to force yourself to NOT go to the gym so you can recover properly and miss it when your schedule keeps you from training....and the severe groin pull occurred.

Now on week two of recovery and looking for insight for you boys who've done this long enough to have endured one of these during a season. I know I have to take it easy or it wont heal but I also don't want to fall off the wagon nor lose all the strength gains.

While this heals I am mainly going in to gym working on my much lacking upper body(compared to my legs and core)...

Input on what to work on in the meantime?
Recovery insight?
Post-injury recovery strengthening?

Any and all serious input is welcome as I want to be back at it come July if possible.

Cheers!
Sprout - 'Semper Paratus'

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the Gift." -Pre
heavysprout

Re: Injury Recovery

Postby TheHammer on Sun May 20, 2012 7:31 am

My advice, massage, ice, stretching, and keep moving. you don't want to make it worse but you also don't want to let that muscle shorten up. I'm dealing with one now and I just keep going till it bothers me, and then i stretch it out and ice it. I took a week off from lifting, and after that was just very aware of what i was doing. Hope that helps.
Try not. Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

David Marble
The new sheaf gnome
and board lurker extraordinaire
TheHammer

Return to Training