Vierra Clinic and the VMC

Training information, scheduling practice sessions, etc.

Vierra Clinic and the VMC

Postby Sheaf daddy on Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:37 am

First - I am excited about everyone coming.

I need a final list of who is traveling with whom and when you guys expect to arrive. I will be sending out addresses for everyone with their bedding assignment.

We have secured a much larger field to accomodate everyone. The only thing I ask of everyone is to remember we will be in a residential neighborhood and we are the guests of the homeowner's association so please - do not scream profanity, pick up our trash, be good neighbors and we will have a great time.

Now the VMC - I talked to Dana Opp and I would like to send him an update on how everything has been going with out season last year. He was really excited to hear how it all went. I would like to send him a full email so he can send out as a big thank you to them. Also The Angry Ant recommended we do something like pick up trash or something like that.

So to recap VMC - send me your season highlights
Clinic Attendees - send me when you expect to arrive in the DC area. Ryan and Dave was going to take me and Trish out to eat to thank us (mostly Trish).

Bryan
Trish: Colin go get your bike and put it away!

Colin: Okay but someone is going to swoop down, stop, take a picture and sell it on the internet.
Sheaf daddy

Re: Vierra Clinic and the VMC

Postby Rich McClain on Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:17 pm

Hey Bry,
Myself, Brent Barbe, and Andrew Callan plan on arriving Friday night between 10 pm and 11 pm. I will be bunking at BJ's casa and I know you have a place for Brent and Andrew. Could you please post, if you haven't already, the start times for Saturday and Sunday. We will be leaving promptly after the close of business (Training) Sunday.

Thanks again for you and Trish and the kids for putting up with us. Your generosity in supporting everyone in the games is unmatchable.
Richard McClain
JUST SHUT UP AND TRAIN!
Rich McClain

Postby barbe705 on Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:33 pm

Bryan,
Like Rich said, I'll be coming down with him. And, thank you again for arranging all of this.

Brent
barbe705

Postby Tearlach on Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:16 pm

Bryan,
The NORTHERN branch of the VMC reresented by Ben Fetrow, Gene McCaleb, yours truely should be there 6 to 6:30 ish.
We have a room for us nearby. Do you want weights and hammers brought? I assume we need our forks. I may have a sheaf bag too, but I need to check. Anything else just let me know. Really looking forward to this.

Chuck
Live everyday like it's your last, enjoy life,love your family, leave nothing but spent energy on the game field, so that when the final summons comes, you can leave this world with no regrets.
Chuck
Tearlach

Location: Mechanicsburg, Hampden Township, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania

Postby Sheaf daddy on Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:57 am

ALL coming to the Vierra/Brown Clinic Some following critical administrivia

1) address is 8500 Stonewall Dr, Vienna VA - Google Maps will get you here just fine. home number is 703 573 8282, cell is 703 371 3282
2) start time is 8:30
3) If you come late and we are not here please proceed to the field which is
a) take a right from our house to Cedar Lane
b) Take a right on Idylwood
c) proceed through the light and take the first RIGHT onto Sandberg
d) Proceed over the bike trail and look for Large Men Throwing stuff.
4) we will carpool from my house over as much as possible to keep the number of cars at the field to a minimum
5) THINGS TO BRING
Notebook and Pen to write down notes
Chair to sit in for a break
Your normal throwing gear
Any and all Stones, weights, hammers and of course your pitchforks The more equipment we have the better.
Please print off copies of the food program and training program from Ryan's site and bring with you
Bring sleeping bags and or pillows and blankeys
an open mind

Lastly - this is the speech I give prior to every clinic. What Ryan and Dave are going to do is give you their philosophies on training, lifting and throwing. They will be presenting a lot of information including nutrition. What I have found that works best is listen, listen some more, think about it and listen even more. If you have questions for clarification - ask them. If you want to ask questions just to argue a point. Save it for after the clinic and you can engage in emails and what not.

Not everything presented will necessarily work for you BUT that does not mean it won't work for someone else in the crowd. I have found nearly all of the drills work. The lifting program I could not follow because I work too many hours and have a family so I figured out the essence and then adapted it for me and my weaknesses to make me stronger.

The key is first try to understand everything, try it out, practice it for a while and see if it works for you. The great thing about having Dave Brown here is that he and Ryan have similar philosophies but arrived there from different directions.

So let's have fun and learn a lot.
Bryan
Trish: Colin go get your bike and put it away!

Colin: Okay but someone is going to swoop down, stop, take a picture and sell it on the internet.
Sheaf daddy

Postby miked on Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:08 pm

If you are staying at Casa del Dickens, bring some work gloves and be ready to earn your keep by doing some chores. :mrgreen:
miked

Postby McNamee on Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:10 pm

Bryan, I hope to make it up there Fri. night. unless you guys are going to be really full, I can come up Sat. A.M.

Patrick
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure. than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. T.R.
McNamee

Return to Training