Throwing Camp

Training information, scheduling practice sessions, etc.

Throwing Camp

Postby Dale on Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:15 pm

Hey guys,
I am trying to gauge how much interest there would be before I take this any further. I have been corresponding with Mike Pockoski about the possibility of him running one of his 3 day training camps in the Baltimore (Maryland) metro-area. He said if we got at least 10 committed people he would do it. He recently did one in Connecticut, I think, which I wasn't able to attend and I would really love to do this. Send me some feed back and maybe we can pull this off. How great would it be to be trained by Mike Pockoski himself…

If you like you can e-mail me directly at dale_green@comcast.net.

All the best,
Dale
Cheers Mates & SEMPER FI,
Dale
Masters Athlete / SHA Certified Judge
Plank Owner - Clan Leatherneck Society & Foundation
Dale

Re: Throwing Camp

Postby B_Stax on Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:46 am

What are you looking to do? Like a long weekend friday-sunday type deal? Do you have a link to some info about other camps that he has run? I may be interested, but I'd need to know a little more before I commit to anything...
Bryan Stymacks
B_Stax

Postby RichBurn13 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:38 am

I would be interested but need more info on what is involved as well as cost. Also being a complete newbie, I would not want to be in the way of more experienced throwers so if it is not a "beginner" level class I would probably consider not attending. Again, just so that I would not be holding back other more experienced throwers.

Thanks,
Rich.
RichBurn13

Postby Dale on Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:51 am

If you go to his website (hgcontrarianapproach.com) there may still be the link to his last training camp. I don't want to discuss cost on the open forum without permission from the administrators. I recently had a post removed from another site because I stated the cost for something I do not financially benefit from and they accused me of trying to solicit funds. Explain that one to me. If you e-mail me directly (dale_green@comcast.net) or the administrators of this site say it is not a violation of the rules, I will discuss cost. Mike also had the per person cost listed on his site. What he does is three days with three two-hour training sessions each day. with a break between each session. If we did one I would try to shoot for a Friday through Sunday to limit people's lost time from work.

As for experience level, I think the newer you are the more you would benefit. It wouldn't be holding anyone back at all. I'm still new at this myself.

Cheers,
Dale
Dale
Dale

Postby agm on Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:18 pm

We have no rules against talking about cost. Post freely.
agm
Site Admin

Postby RichBurn13 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:11 pm

Thanks for the info!
RichBurn13

Postby Dale on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:37 pm

OK mates the Administrator says it's OK to list the cost. The most recent training camp was $275 per person so I'm assuming another one would be the same. Perhaps the price changes with the number of people but I don't have any info on that. I know $275 is a lot of money but to be trained by Mike and Mindy Pockoski is worth it to me. Please let me know what you all think, this is a rare opportunity.
Dale
Dale

Postby agm on Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:56 pm

Expensive, but absolutely worth it. Mike and Mindy are world-class throwers, and they didn't do it on size and strength. They're two of the best technical throwers in the games. If the timing works out I'm definitely in.
agm
Site Admin

Postby sledger1 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:40 am

I'd be interested in a three day training camp. What timeframe are we looking at? July, August?
sledger1

Postby Dale on Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:59 am

IF, and I emphasize IF, I can get enough commitments and it fits their schedule I would like to shoot for September if everybody thinks that is OK.
Dale
Dale

Postby agm on Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:01 pm

I can't speak for anybody else, but the Masters World Championships in Inverness is going to take a big chunk out of September.
agm
Site Admin

Postby Dale on Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:15 am

OK gang we have a date for the camp. Mike has been extremely cooperative in working with me to set this up. The dates are October 10, 11, 12 (Friday - Sunday) 2014. For specific details and to sign up go to his website at:

http://www.hgcontrarianapproach.com/training-camp/

If we get the minimum number of people to sign up by August 22 the camp is a go. If not, your money will be refunded. Lets make this happen!
Dale
Dale

Postby Dale on Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:37 am

Fellow Throwers:
I am very sorry to announce that due to circumstances beyond anyone's control on my end, the Mike Pockoski Throwing Camp scheduled for October 10, 11, 12 has to be postponed. Mike and I are currently working out details to try and reschedule it for the spring of 2015. Hopefully it will be just before or at the very beginning of the competition season. Again I am very sorry and I will re-post once the new date is set.
Dale
Dale

Return to Training