The Amatuer Interest.

Training information, scheduling practice sessions, etc.

The Amatuer Interest.

Postby Mac on Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:40 pm

Well, if anything, I was invited to try the caber toss at a Renaissance Faire last year. And with the invites, between veteran and amateur competitors alike, the sport piqued my interest, to say the least. So, I've decided to enter the amateur ranks for the toss in this year's Ren Faire games, in reservation of their Scottish/ Irish heritage weekend. I've been scouting, with help, for my practice field and other tidbits, that I need to know about the sport...but, I've mainly been doing all this by myself. ( In fact, asking relevant questions has brought me to this site. ) Though, the furthest I've gotten has been: scouting fields, finding a decent caber, picking out my own kilt, this site and having a suitable, dependable partner to train that has a bit of knowledge. What I am asking is that, since this site was recommended highly, what knowledge can anyone bring that can further benefit my training...better yet, what fails I should look for while training/ performing. Any bit/ story will help. I am looking to overload my head with information . I would appreciate it.
Mac

Re: The Amatuer Interest.

Postby Rich McClain on Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:27 am

You may want to post who you are and where you live. You should get some replies of people that live near you as well as where and when they practice. Welcome aboard.
Richard McClain
JUST SHUT UP AND TRAIN!
Rich McClain

Postby Mac on Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:42 pm

Of course, I am Mac, from Richmond ( RVA ). And I'll be given a shot a the Maryland Ren Faire and their Celtic Games.
Mac

Postby TheHammer on Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:25 am

Patrick, Myself and my Wife train in Powhatan, about 45 minutes from Richmond. We are always looking for more interested parties. We train 3 days a week, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. PM McNamee to get the address if interested.
Try not. Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

David Marble
The new sheaf gnome
and board lurker extraordinaire
TheHammer

Return to Training