Making a sheaf

Training information, scheduling practice sessions, etc.

Making a sheaf

Postby cooleyjay on Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:56 am

Hey guys,
I am trying to make a 20lbs and a 16lbs sheaf. The problem I am having is trying to figure out how much materials I need to make each sheaf, especially the burlap and stuffing twine. Any information would be great.
cooleyjay

Re: Making a sheaf

Postby Rich McClain on Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:02 am

Bailing twine usually comes in 8lbs rolls. The farm and feed store had a scale on their counter for me to weigh each roll. After that, it was just plus or minus material to get the weight close to what was needed. There is a lot of trial and error in making them.
Richard McClain
JUST SHUT UP AND TRAIN!
Rich McClain

Postby cooleyjay on Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:44 am

Rich McClain wrote:Bailing twine usually comes in 8lbs rolls. The farm and feed store had a scale on their counter for me to weigh each roll. After that, it was just plus or minus material to get the weight close to what was needed. There is a lot of trial and error in making them.

Cool, thanks Rich. I just never could figure out how much twine I would need to make a sheaf
cooleyjay

Postby bill donnell on Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:20 pm

cooleyjay wrote:Hey guys,
I am trying to make a 20lbs and a 16lbs sheaf. The problem I am having is trying to figure out how much materials I need to make each sheaf, especially the burlap and stuffing twine. Any information would be great.

Why didnt you just call me Brother
bill donnell

Return to Training