Outdoor training

Training information, scheduling practice sessions, etc.

Outdoor training

Postby Burke on Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:49 pm

Hi all,

Happy New Year. Does anyone in the group weight train outdoors during the off season to help acclimate themselves to outdoor event training?

Just wondering.

Happy New Year!

Gene :mrgreen:
"The True Measure of a Man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good".
Burke

Re: Outdoor training

Postby Rich McClain on Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:24 am

Sort of. I weight train in my garage. Yesterday it was a balmy 13 degrees. It has been as cold as -3 last year. Good times!
Richard McClain
JUST SHUT UP AND TRAIN!
Rich McClain

Postby Burke on Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:49 pm

Thanks brother !

How are you warming up, and do you layer your clothing gear to adjust as needed?

Happy New Year !!! :mrgreen:
"The True Measure of a Man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good".
Burke

Postby Rich McClain on Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:05 pm

Knit hat, tee shirt, lightweight thermal shirt, heavy weight thermal shirt, sweatshirt, sweatpants, gardening gloves, basketball shoes and regular athletic socks. I do have two small space heaters, but they really don't warm up the garage, just something to warm my hands in between sets. 3 sets of 5 X 5 usually 3 different lifts. Depending on the lift, I may or may not have a light weight warm up set. The heavier the lift, the more likely I'll do a warm up set. Additionally, it depends if I'm stiff or have any joint pain prior to the lift. Mainly when I do squats I'll do a light set to loosen things up. Most others, I just get after it. I do try to stretch in between sets. Good Times!
Richard McClain
JUST SHUT UP AND TRAIN!
Rich McClain

Postby Burke on Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:53 pm

I gave it a go and trained outside this morning. Squats 5 x 5 and then Jerks 5 x 5. Tried the layered approach and it seemed to work, though it was a bit cold it felt great to train outside in the fresh air.

Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it.
Burke

Return to Training