Training shed

Training information, scheduling practice sessions, etc.

Training shed

Postby OldIrish on Thu May 25, 2017 7:07 pm

Hi all,

I don't have a garage and getting to a crowded gym is getting old. I am thinking of getting a shed to train in. Something along the lines of 16' x 10' or 12'. Does anyone train in an area of this size currently, and if so how has it been working for you. I have a small squat racks and Olympic weights, plus some DB's, kettle-bells and other odds and ends. Would appreciate any feedback.

Gene
OldIrish

Re: Training shed

Postby joshismyname on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:17 pm

I live in downtown Baltimore, so space is hard to come by. I train in a 10' x 10' x 9' area with access to a paved alley about 50' long. I have a Rogue Y2 yoke that I can modify for just about anything. My plates (14-45's, 2-25's, 2-10's) fit on it, and I store 4 atlas stones (240#, 280#, 320#, 360#), 6-45# bumpers, a giant DB, a sandbag, an axle, set of cheap farmers carry handles, and a barbell in the same area. I have to move most of it out every time I train, but it does the job well. Do yourself a favor, and go down to Tractor Supply Company and pick up a few 5' x 3' x .75" rubber mats ($40 ea.) ... I use two for the floor, and cut the other in half to catch the stones over the bar. I'm only 5'11", so overhead inside isn't an issue with clearance ... if you're really tall, then that'll be an issue. I can train just about everything except log, Fingal's finger, power stairs, and car deadlift - I train those every once in a while around the area. Hope this helps.
joshismyname

Re: Training shed

Postby Art on Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:03 am

...imagining Josh chucking a caber down a Baltimore alley...
Art

Return to Training