As the season approaches...

Training information, scheduling practice sessions, etc.

As the season approaches...

Postby bjketchem on Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:19 pm

The off season has gone pretty well and is quickly coming to an end, which is great b/c that means it's time to throw!

Seeing what you guys are doing in the gym and on the practice field(s) has been a blessing for me as a new guy in the sport and trying to recover from an injury. So a HUGE thanks for the support, encouragement and a BIG push on and off the field/weightroom!

For the last time this off season, I tested myself out this last week and a half , everything improved and i managed to NOT reinjure myself. Definitely happy about that. Except, Mike D, I didn't catch you in the push press as I hoped I would, managed 270 ...though there is always a healthy next off season to look forward too:D

Everything from here until late June will be about speed, maintaining strength levels and of course addressing the muscular imbalances that come from throwing (if anyone has ideas/opinions on this, please feel free to comment, all advice is appreciated!)

Again thanks to you all and I hope your off-seasons finish strong and result in greater distances!
I will be the new, improved and almost as good-looking Mike Wills.
bjketchem

Re: As the season approaches...

Postby miked on Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:35 pm

Hear, hear, BJ. Couldn't agree with you more. I think the board has been a great motivator this off-season by providing a way to encourage and support each other.

I hope everyone has the best season of their lives.

With that said, you are now all my competition. I hate you and will strive with every fiber of my being to crush you on the field and hear the lamentations of your women.
miked

Re: As the season approaches...

Postby Rich McClain on Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:59 pm

BJ +1

Knowing what goes on with other throwers is a real motivation to train harder. One day I will be able to throw again since conditions have been snowy, rainy, or just plain muddy since December. The off-season was better than last year, yet not as good as it could have been. Life gets in the way.

Season two, here we go. I'll see you all on the field.
Richard McClain
JUST SHUT UP AND TRAIN!
Rich McClain

Return to Training