Medicine ball training

Training information, scheduling practice sessions, etc.

Medicine ball training

Postby Clancelt on Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:26 pm

Ok, I had this 15 pound med ball tied onto a rope with a handle I use for practicing hammer winds. I decided to take it off and actually work it into my training routine. The last couple of weeks I had been doing some Russian twist, some leg raises holding it between my knees, and some hyper extensions holding it over my head. Last night I tried some chops because I thought they mimicked the hammer a bit.

Let me tell ya something, my obliques and hamstrings are screaming today! Oh how I love the feel of your body when it learns a new exercise.

I just ordered a 25 pound HMB (Hercules medicine ball) and I'm sure it will cripple me.

Another fun one is to lay on your back and throw the ball in the air then catch it in your abs. Not sure I'm ready to do that with 25 pounds yet :lol:
I'll spank you smartly with my spank ray.
Clancelt

Re: Medicine ball training

Postby greg henger on Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:00 am

I'm not sure. I don't know the firgure 8 specifically but it may well be the same exercise. The pattern would fit.

I've started playing with kettlebells and there are a couple of figure 8 routines that can be used with them.
greg henger

Return to Training