Vierra Clinic

Training information, scheduling practice sessions, etc.

Vierra Clinic

Postby Sheaf daddy on Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:13 pm

OK so just a reminder and a kick in the ass from people.

Ryan Vierra is holding a clinic the last weekend in March. I will post the details of what is going to be presented however we have a special treat! Dave Brown - Big Dave Brown is also going to be here holding court. That means we can have double double double the number of people at the clinic. I need - and I mean NOW- names and a commitment in blood and cash of $150. The clinic is 2 - count them 2 - days. VMC is hosting on the field of champions and I am working with the community center to have a room or two ready for us in case of inclement weather.

W V and Richmond and PA boys - Y'all are welcome to crash at our place. Bring your sleeping bag.

Sprout? AGM? VMC? Stumpy? Rock the house?

When I get home I will post the rest of the info but the clinic includes: drills for all events, a lifting program, practice throws, and so on. The advantage of having two different athletes does not stop at twice as many people. They both train differently so you can get twice the info to BLOW YOUR MIND!!!!
Trish: Colin go get your bike and put it away!

Colin: Okay but someone is going to swoop down, stop, take a picture and sell it on the internet.
Sheaf daddy

Re: Vierra Clinic

Postby Rich McClain on Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:51 pm

I'm in. Am I still covered from last years payment to Ryan? I will need to crash at your place Friday and Saturday night. I can bring a sleeping bag, inflatable bed, marshmallows...
Richard McClain
JUST SHUT UP AND TRAIN!
Rich McClain

Postby Sheaf daddy on Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:39 pm

Vierra Spring Clinic

Event host: Bryan McClain

Local Airports: Dulles (IAD) and Reagan National

Dates: March 29th & 30th (Two Day Event)

Instructors: Ryan Vierra & Dave Brown

Fee: $150.00
(You get two full days of detailed instruction plus 1 year access on my members site)

Please make check out to: Ryan Vierra

Mail To:

Ryan Vierra
18108 W. August Ave.
Hilmar, Ca 95324

Once I receive your entry form with the fee I will e-mail you a USERNAME & PASSWORD to access my members area for 1 year. Once you are in you will have access to videos of throwing as well as videos of the lifts and throwing drills that I do. You can also communicate privately with members in the blog section as well as view my training logs from this past winter. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at: ryanvierra@ryanvierrausa.com
Or my Cell: 209-605-6005
Home: 209-634-1995

Thank you
Schedule of Events:
Saturday (*) = Throwing + Q&A
(Feel free to bring your video cameras)

9:00am Introduction
9:10am Stone fundamentals: Breamar / Power Position / Hand Placement / Stone Placement *
10:30am Open Stone fundamentals: South African / Glide / Full-Spin *
11:30am Stone Drills: Standing Reverse / Center Pivot / Step-Over / Line Drills / 180 & 360 degree Drills…Also, some new band stuff for speed and torque development *

1:00pm LUNCH

2:00pm Weight for Distance fundaments: Concepts / Grip /Casting / Countering / Entry / Sprint / Power Position / Finish *
3:00pm Weight Drills: Figure 8 / Cast & Drop / Cast & Sprint / Standing Drill / One Turns / 360 Degree Drill *
5:00pm Weight Training for the Heavy Events: Concepts / Techniques / Strength & Speed Development / Med-Ball / Program Planning…lift Demo + Q&A

6:00pm FINISH DAY ONE

Sunday:

9:00am Hammer fundamentals: Concepts / Equipment / Hand Placement / Starting Position / Foot Placements *
10:00am Hammer Drills: Winds / Low Point Drill / One Turn Releases *
11:00am Caber Fundamentals: Concepts / Safety / Hand Placement / Pick / Drop / Run / Pull / Finish *
12:00pm Caber Drills: Warm-up Pulls / Pick & Drops / Drop & Pops / Shadow Drills / Cone Drills *

1:00pm LUNCH

2:00pm WOB Fundamentals: Concepts / Standing / Spinning / Side-Release / Grip / Set-Up / Foot Placement / Cast / Pull *
3:00pm Sheaf Toss Fundamentals: Concepts / Standing / Spinning / Equipment / Grip / Foot Placement / Cast and Drop / Pull *
4:00pm Final Q&A with Video review.

5:00pm FINISH

(We are working on getting a gymnasium if the weather is bad)

Entry Form

Name:______________________________

Address:_____________________________________________
City:_______________State:_______Zip:____________
Phone:___________________Cell:_____________________
E-Mail:_____________________________________________

Preferred Membership Login Info:
Username: __________________
Password:__________________

Clinic Fee: $150.00

Make payable to: Ryan Vierra

Ryan Vierra
18108 W. August Ave
Hilmar, Ca 95324

To contact me for more info:
E-mail: ryanvierra@ryanvierrausa.com
Cell: 209-605-6005
Home: 209-634-1995

Thank you

Contact Ryan about last year's payments but I suspect they carry over. Randy? Dusty? MDub? anyone? Buehler?

Colin: Okay but someone is going to swoop down, stop, take a picture and sell it on the internet.
Sheaf daddy

Postby bjketchem on Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:52 pm

I AM IN!
I will be the new, improved and almost as good-looking Mike Wills.
bjketchem

Postby McNamee on Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:24 pm

Yes, yes, yes! I'm in. I am really looking forward to this. Brian, I'll take you up on a place to crash, if thats all right?
Patrick
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure. than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. T.R.
McNamee

Postby Sheaf daddy on Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:48 am

I wouldn't offer it if it weren't alright. hehehe - I just thought of something. We have a pop-up trailer. I could set it up too. It has electrical so you can run lights and a space heater if it is going to be chillly. Three can crash there.

I am going to reach out to the VMC to see if they can put some people up. I ask this not because we don't want guys racking out here but if I can get them real beds I will do that!

Sheaf daddy

Postby miked on Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:56 am

Man, I am looking forward to the clinic, too. I am assuming that my check from last year is still good for this year, right? This is gonna be sweet.

We can put a few people up at casa del Dickens. Probably 3 - 5.
miked

Postby FrankH on Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:57 pm

Hey, "Sheaf daddy"! :D Count me in, and same question about my previous $150.

Frank out.
"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never... " --Winston Churchill

"A goal without a plan is just a wish". --Larry Elder
FrankH

Postby Jeff Storey on Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:04 pm

I'm soooo in!!!
where/how/when can I pay?
I used to think this kitchen was big, until I saw you guys in here...
-AGM's mom
Jeff Storey

Postby Sheaf daddy on Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:32 pm

Call Ryan but let me know - I am keeping a headcount.

Where are my eastern Shore boys?

Sheaf daddy

Postby Rich McClain on Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:12 pm

I sent Ryan an email and he confirmed my question on fees. I suggest everyone that signed up last year contact him as well.

ryanvierra@ryanvierrausa.com

Can't wait till March!
Richard McClain
JUST SHUT UP AND TRAIN!
Rich McClain

Postby Sheaf daddy on Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:38 am

signed up so far

Frank
Bryan
Rich
BJ
Jeff
Phat Mike
Pat Mcnamee (and son???)

I need more guys - Don't make me call you! Ladies?

Sheaf daddy

Postby bjketchem on Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:36 pm

check is officially on it's way...
I will be the new, improved and almost as good-looking Mike Wills.
bjketchem

Postby McNamee on Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:43 pm

Shane won't be joining us. He told me he is taking this year off, but don't think for a second that I'm being easy on him. I am trying to get him to pack on some weight and work on his oly. lifts. :twisted:
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure. than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. T.R.
McNamee

Postby FrankH on Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:18 pm

We have three hots and a cot for a couple of throwers here, too.

Here being Lake Ridge/Woodbridge, VA, about 30 minutes from McClain's House O' Pain.
"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never... " --Winston Churchill

"A goal without a plan is just a wish". --Larry Elder
FrankH

Postby randy on Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:53 pm

B,

i'm a no-go for Vierra Clinic.

r
STAY HUNGRY!!
randy

Postby RSimmonds on Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:00 pm

Brian,
I'm in! What a great way to kick off the new season.
I'll take care of the paperwork this weekend.
RSimmonds

Postby Sheaf daddy on Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:31 am

Brother Richard - the Ar-kee-teck, as they say back home. How goes the off season? I am glad you are signing up for this. Let me tell you, when I started and Jumbo and I were trying to figure all this stuff out, I would have killed for this info! As it was the best we could do was the VP Productions videos (Brock wasn't even throwing yet) and a lot of emails to people like Ryan, Petur Gudmunnsun, Karl Dodge and so on. They were nice enough to send us pearls but the difference between an email exchange and a clinic are huge!!!!

Bryan

Sheaf daddy

Postby barbe705 on Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:55 pm

I'm in.

Brent Barbe
barbe705

Postby agcpitt on Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:47 pm

I just got the OK from Ryan. I'm in. I'll be coming down with Rich & Brent.

Andy
agcpitt

Postby Largemilk on Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:06 am

OK, I'm now officially ringing in here!!! But the Sheaf Dadday-O knows I've said yes, yes, YES. I'm there (though I never see myself on this list, I figure he can't remember everything...one marble in, one marble out 8-) So, for all the records...I'm there!!!! Here, there, here, there, bouncing bounding every where!!!

And just for giggles, I'm officially on the roster for San Antonio the next weekend, and then (hopefully, though I haven't heard back yeat...) Dunedin the next weekend, then I got to go to New York the following weekend (just for me), then it's Southern Maryland after that and then it's Brigdeport, then Kentucky!!! Whew!! I'm already tired!!! But soooooooooooooo excited!!
" A hammer a day keeps the chiropractor in pay"
Largemilk

Return to Training