Northern VA Training

Training information, scheduling practice sessions, etc.

Northern VA Training

Postby cjohnson on Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:50 pm

Hello!

I just moved to Northern Virginia (Falls Church) from Central VA and I am looking for a group to train with. I threw in the 2017, 18 and first games of the 19 season but hurt my arm and havent thrown since. I know some basics and have had great direction from experience throwers like Gerald Witzman and Greg Martz, but I am still not that skillful, especially after nearly three years of very little training and lifting. Are there any groups in the area who wouldnt mind allowing a novice to tag along once you begin? Let me know! Thanks.

Christopher Johnson
cjohnson

Re: Northern VA Training

Postby cemccraw on Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:32 am

Hey Christopher. There are a few of us getting together on Sunday afternoon in the NOVA area, weather permitting. We're still ironing out time and location, but you're welcome to join! If you want to message contact info, I can keep you updated.

-Cory
cemccraw

Postby tonyb on Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:37 pm

Is there still training opportunities in Northern VA? I am in the Chantilly area, but can travel a bit.

I was planning on buying the equipment and getting permission to use a school's throwing circle, but it would be great to have others to practice with.
tonyb

Postby THaddock on Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:12 pm

We have practice in Alexandria. We practice on the weekends and sometimes during the week. Hit me up if you’re interested.

Travis Haddock
THaddock

Postby NateBarnes on Wed May 10, 2023 9:03 am

Hello, I live in Manassas and would like to train with other tossers and throwers in
the NOVA area for the September games. If you have any contacts or groups, please let me know.
NateBarnes

Return to Training