Cardio day

Training information, scheduling practice sessions, etc.

Cardio day

Postby Clancelt on Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:38 pm

Started the day with a o'dark thirty Hapkido class. That at least woke me up for the day.

Then this evening I did 30 high intensity minutes on the stair master with a steady 160HR. That's a good target zone for a 30y/o ;)
300 weighted crunches
and then did 3 5 minute rounds on the heavy bag doing 3's and 4's

Thats it. Pretty light day but cardio days are always good days for me. I need them...... fat man in a little coat...la la la

-E-Dubya
I'll spank you smartly with my spank ray.
Clancelt

Re: Cardio day

Postby miked on Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:13 pm

ahh, cardio. I remember that. I should probably start working in a little just to make sure I don't lose my six-pack . . . . . doh! :shock:
miked

Postby FrankH on Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:55 pm

The most cardio I usually get is walking to my car. But after reading about warming up and stretching, I've decided to hit the treadmill for at least 5 minutes before lifting, and maybe work up to 15-20 minutes a couple times a week. I did 5 minutes tonight-- it's a start... :roll:
"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never... " --Winston Churchill

"A goal without a plan is just a wish". --Larry Elder
FrankH

Postby Rich McClain on Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:44 am

Drank a long island iced tea x 1, captain and coke x 2, finished with dancing to 3 songs, YMCA x 1, Twist x 1, Brick House x 1. Company Holiday Winter party cause we are too damn busy in December to have a Christmas party.

Feel the Burn! :lol:
Richard McClain
JUST SHUT UP AND TRAIN!
Rich McClain

Postby bjketchem on Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:50 am

my cardio for today...
i went down to the laundry room in basement this morning to get some clean socks for church...
I will be the new, improved and almost as good-looking Mike Wills.
bjketchem

Postby Jeff Storey on Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:22 pm

I walked 5 blocks in the wrong direction on Connecticut Ave near Dupont. Ambient temp: 29 Wind Chill: -1453 degrees. Celsius.
that would have gotten my heart pumping a little, but my blood's frozen in all of my extremities.
I used to think this kitchen was big, until I saw you guys in here...
-AGM's mom
Jeff Storey

Postby Clancelt on Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:29 am

Keep walking in the wrong direction for too long and you could of got in a cardio kick boxing session! :lol:
Clancelt

Nice Job...

Postby Drew Kirchen on Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:42 pm

Nice job on the cardio brother....i find it helps me stay fit and wards off some of the other ailments. Another plus for cardio is I believe you won't be worn down as much at the end of the long day at the games and keep you in shape for the end of the year. I've kicked up my cardio quite a bit this year. Going for the slimmer (ok I'll never be skinny) fast and explosive me. Make sure you work in some sprints (both hill and flat) and some body wheight explosive plyo drills. Gotta recruit and maintain those fast twitch muscle fibers to go along with all that strength you've been working on...don't want to be slow!! Keep it up and I'll see ya on the field in 08.

Drew
Drew Kirchen

Postby Clancelt on Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:32 pm

Thanks man, I'm going to kick it up a notch and try to bring sexy back :lol:

Keep your head down!

-E-Dubya
Clancelt

Return to Training