eat at joe's

Training information, scheduling practice sessions, etc.

eat at joe's

Postby randy on Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:56 pm

so lemme ask you manimals about your feeding schedule....

do any of you do the protein before workout, protein after?

been readin about protein intake within the hour before exertion and shortly after.

during school day, i'm chompin a peanut butter sammich, 1/2 hour homeroom, WORKOUT, 90-min class, eat lunch. i gotta remember to pick up some protein bars or powder for immediately after (on my way back to class). so far, it feels good to distribute my feeding around the workout.

by the way, i vote CRUNCHY peanut butter.

rking

what's more, i can't seem to eat enough. i eat junk, and veggies, and breads. but lot's of meaty stuff. hungry about all day. even when i eat a decent breakfast.
STAY HUNGRY!!
randy

Re: eat at joe's

Postby Clancelt on Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:02 pm

Need lots of fast digesting protein within 30 minutes (1hr is the max) after your workout. The sooner the better. Best source is a Whey Protein shake, it is the fastest adsorbing source of protein there is. You want to lay off the fat as well.

Other proteins like Chicken, Fish, etc.. are good but not good for after a workout. They digest too slowly.

Now, although the wife is a RD and agrees with most of this she will argue with me about "how much" protein you need but at least she will agree you need it ;)

-Eric
I'll spank you smartly with my spank ray.
Clancelt

ready for a laugh?

Postby randy on Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:43 pm

so last nite i was rackin my brain about what to consume post workout...didn't have protein powder.

love the tuna. bout 33g protein for cheap, easy to consume. but i gotta open the can. and even without draining completely, it's still kinda dry and i need to wash it down.

hahhaaah.

so i mixed up a can with that pre-made tuna salad maker stuff (s'pose mayo would do fine) in a ziplock baggie.

grabbed it on my way from the weight room back to my class room. chewed off the corner and chowed it straight from the bag! ate a whole can of tuna on the way upstairs. very nice!

ate again an hour-and-a-half later for a total of 5 eats before i leave work. breakfast, apple, pb sammich, tuna, turkey sammich.

holdin steady at just under 210bw.

gonna get some whey powder so i can take in the fast-digesting stuff, though.

but the tuna was good, and good for a laugh!

rking
STAY HUNGRY!!
randy

Postby Rich McClain on Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:17 pm

I'm with you about the tuna. I use Miracle Whip because it like the taste better and there is less fat than mayo. Oatmeal for breakfast. I gnaw on Sam's Club Mountain trail mix that has raisins, peanuts, cashews, and I toss out most of the M & Ms during the day. I also get Snickers Protein bars, and Payday candy bars that pack 6grams of protein. Maybe some hard large pretzels that I smash up and dump most of the salt. Lots of water while at work as well. I pretty much eat all day about every hour or so.
Richard McClain
JUST SHUT UP AND TRAIN!
Rich McClain

Postby Clancelt on Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:43 pm

Snickers Protein bars

These things are da bomb!
I'll spank you smartly with my spank ray.
Clancelt

Return to Training