VMC General Schedule

Training information, scheduling practice sessions, etc.

VMC General Schedule

Postby Sheaf daddy on Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:03 am

This is for anybody that would like to join us in training during the year.

This is the pre-season and early season (until June) training Schedule
Mondays - Heavy Weight (single spins and double spins), Caber, Sheaf
Tuesday - Drills - weights (cast and drop, cast and sprint), stone, hammer winds - and if anyone wants to practice sheaf or WOB that is cool
Wednesday - Light weight, Hammer, Sheaf, Wob if we have time
Thursdays - Drills (see tuesday) and sheaf or WOB
Saturday - Sheaf, Stone, Hvy Weight, Lt Wt, Hammer, Caber and Wob. We will pick 5 out of the 7 to do based on group slsection. In all event we will do 1/2 dozen drills or so and then go into throwing.

Fridays and Sundays are off. I may not be able to make every practice but I will be available for off-line coaching and advice. Anyone outsite the NOVA area is welcome to join us and I will give one-on-one coaching during our practices unless there is someone better suited for that coaching (eg. BJ and the Stone, Dickens and the hammer, etc.)

This seems like a lot and it is - I will not personally be able to do every single day but I will try. My work schedule is going to be feast or famine on work to do and the result may mean weeks when I do everything and weeks when I only lift and get Saturdays in.

If any of the VMC wants to borrow equipment and go over to the field on anyday besides M,W,Sat -feel free just bring it back and put it away.

In July, we will back off and focus on drilling and practicing our weakest events. My only two goals are National Sheaf Championship repeat and Pleasanton. I will compete as many times as I can but work may prevent me from some of these.
Trish: Colin go get your bike and put it away!

Colin: Okay but someone is going to swoop down, stop, take a picture and sell it on the internet.
Sheaf daddy

Re: VMC General Schedule

Postby FrankH on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:17 am

It was just me and Reynaldo throwing last night at McClain's Casa de Pain. I got about 20 sheaf tosses in, then 8-10 braemar stone, 10-12 WOB and 3 sets of hammer winds. Reynaldo smoked 12 feet and nearly hit 13 feet in the WOB, using 2-5lb plates with a handle. (About 12 pounds total.) I should mention that Reynaldo is a 6th-grader who weighs maybe 75 pounds. The future of the VMC. ;)
"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never... " --Winston Churchill

"A goal without a plan is just a wish". --Larry Elder
FrankH

Postby Sheaf daddy on Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Anyone coming today? looking nasty out but don't know if it will rain. Then again the weathermen don't either cuz they said a sunny morning and half hour later it was pouring down.
Trish: Colin go get your bike and put it away!

Colin: Okay but someone is going to swoop down, stop, take a picture and sell it on the internet.
Sheaf daddy

Postby FrankH on Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:34 pm

I'll be there if it's not raining. Got to work on stone, hammer and WOB. ;)
"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never... " --Winston Churchill

"A goal without a plan is just a wish". --Larry Elder
FrankH

Postby Jeff Storey on Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:21 am

I'm in for today, is anybody else coming to Vienna?
I used to think this kitchen was big, until I saw you guys in here...
-AGM's mom
Jeff Storey

Postby Largemilk on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:37 am

Yo all, No practicy for me today...rain and gonna go look at some houses with my Realtor. Open to tomorrow if you are all not too busy rolling Easter eggs er whatever people do that day ;-)
" A hammer a day keeps the chiropractor in pay"
Largemilk

Postby richjp01 on Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:55 pm

Anyone going to be around tonight (Mon) or tomorrow (Tues)? Can you PM me directions?

I spent a couple hours last Sept with Bryan, Gordon, and Jerry at Bryan's newbie clinic, and had a chance to throw in competition twice late last year (GreenHill, Richmond) - had a total blast. I'd love to chance to practice with experienced throwers.

Jeff
Jeff Richardson
richjp01

Postby Chefgordie on Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:55 am

Hello all,

Sorry been off the boards for a bit and trying to get my back put together. Serious lifting accident (deads, too heavy, broke form, AGAIN) left me with two herianted disks. Two courses of Prednisone (sp) no result, Cortisone shot, first of three starts next week. 6 more agonizing weeks of no lifting/throwing. Once this gets sorted I'll be a willing victim of the Casa du Pain again. Going to try to salvage two or three games this year and look to the next. Being told you can't makes one want to do it more. Funny that. But I didn't prep two fork heads this year for nothing!

In another note, Bryan, I was doing a bit of sorting in our media closet and found Aviemore 06 left from the fund raiser! I can mail it or bring it down next time whichever you prefer. Plus we can put together another Saturday night for a Scotch raffle...good times, great oldies!

Bigger, better, faster, stronger, and further!

-Gordon-
"Edmund... you fight with us on the 'morrow?"...
"No m'lord... I thought I'd fight with the enemy!"
Chefgordie

Return to Training