Dumbbell vid.

Training information, scheduling practice sessions, etc.

Dumbbell vid.

Postby Clancelt on Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:12 pm

Ok, I swung by a Play it Again sports and picked up a 100lb dumbbell for 35 bucks. They had them up to 120lbs. I decided to mess around with it after I got home from our 3 hours of throwing. I have never tried these before and I assume there is a learning curve ;) As soon as I'm comfortable with it I will try some seated snatches. I didn't really even nail one of these, but it's a start. My next bell is 65lbs, so 35lbs is a bit of a jump.

Anyway, I'll try to get a vid when I'm fresh. Be sure to watch to the end and you get a clip of Cat showing off her mad skillz. Boys beware! :twisted:

Youtube - Seated Dumbbell

-E-dubya

P.S. Bryan, shoot me your phone number again. I was going to call you but somehow erased it on the machine :(
I'll spank you smartly with my spank ray.
Clancelt

Re: Dumbbell vid.

Postby Clancelt on Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:32 am

Between the hammer throws, which it seems like I haven't done in a million years, and the dumbbell antics yesterday I can really feel it today. Feels like someone whacked me all over my shoulders with a 2X4. I love that feeling, means something new is getting stress and that can only mean.... yep, getting stronger ;)

Now 20 years ago I would be ready to do it again today. Alas, age has it's drawbacks. I think maybe some light cardio today and a cold beer as a recovery drink.

-E
Clancelt

Postby FrankH on Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:28 pm

You sure have a cute little gal there! She has obviously been watching Daddy-- she has the little bow down and everything. :D
"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never... " --Winston Churchill

"A goal without a plan is just a wish". --Larry Elder
FrankH

Postby Clancelt on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:03 pm

Thanks Frank :) She is in Karate class 2X a week. She is a quick little learner! She normally works out with me for a little while but mom had taken her out to the store. They got back as I was making that vid and she said she wanted to kick the bag. Who am I to say no ;)

I need to get a vid of her lifting! She is up to 5lbs on her French press :twisted: She asks to do this stuff, drives mom nuts.
Clancelt

Postby miked on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:17 pm

That's awesome.
miked

Postby Clancelt on Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:21 pm

You'll be there soon enough Mike! Fear the women's class of tomorrow!
Clancelt

Postby randy on Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:52 pm

100# DB for $35??

wow!

rock on with the snatches!

rking
STAY HUNGRY!!
randy

Postby bjketchem on Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:59 pm

Good stuff with the DB's...that's awesome about your daughter and the weights...gotta be every father's dream.
I will be the new, improved and almost as good-looking Mike Wills.
bjketchem

Return to Training