Ran Into Dave MacKenzie at the Gun Show.

If it doesn't belong on the board, please keep it off the board. If you can't, post it here.

Ran Into Dave MacKenzie at the Gun Show.

Postby FrankH on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:04 pm

Thanks papa Dave for facilitating the Sig Sauer P220 .45 ACP deal, and for hooking me up with the discount on ammo and supplies. Best group of 10 shots was about 3" at 10 yards; more practice makes perfect!

Any gun-owning highland gamers interested in getting together for a little practice? Does anyone have/know of a good place to shoot?
"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never... " --Winston Churchill

"A goal without a plan is just a wish". --Larry Elder
FrankH

Re: Ran Into Dave MacKenzie at the Gun Show.

Postby CelticElf66 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:21 pm

There were a few of us after the VSG meeting last night discussing this. Mac is almost always willing to take folks practicing. He belongs to a club in Fairfax I believe.
Alexandra Duncan

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." - Jim Ryun

Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly.
CelticElf66

Postby TheHammer on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:40 pm

My backyard is a good place to shoot, across the road my sisters backyard is an awesome place to shoot... But i live in the boonies so that is true of most backyards...
Try not. Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

David Marble
The new sheaf gnome
and board lurker extraordinaire
TheHammer

Postby FrankH on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:37 pm

If anyone gets together to shoot, give me a holler. Have gun, will travel. :D
"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never... " --Winston Churchill

"A goal without a plan is just a wish". --Larry Elder
FrankH

Postby Jeff Storey on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:54 am

FrankH wrote:If anyone gets together to shoot, give me a holler. Have gun, will travel. :D

seconded....I really need to put some rounds thru the Makarov sometime...holla atchya boy!
I used to think this kitchen was big, until I saw you guys in here...
-AGM's mom
Jeff Storey

Postby forrester on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:06 pm

As I am now deployed again into the area, PLEASE let me know when anyone wants to get together to shoot!!
The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.

Everyone needs believe in something. I believe I'll have another scotch.

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
forrester

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:47 pm

It's a 3 hour drive but we regularly have backyard "wars" here in Guinea! A few weeks ago on a nice Sunday afternoon we had well over $100,000 worth of firearms and ammo on the golf cart and tailgates! I have to admit the AK-47 was a ton of fun. A friend has a firing range in the back yard. We all take everything that goes boom or bang and shoot til we run out of ammo or we are just too tired to proceed. I picked up a Baretta U22 Neos last weekend. Got a fun new scope and I expect we'll be "warring" again tomorrow. It is funny how the attitudes of the neighbors changes when they know you have excellent gun control! LOL!
Familiarity breeds consent...
Steph Stewart Fitzsimmons
Mrs. T-Bone

Location: Somewhere between the pool in Sarasota, the York river in Gloucester and the next game field

Return to Off-topic and nonsense