A Question and some Input

If it doesn't belong on the board, please keep it off the board. If you can't, post it here.

A Question and some Input

Postby Aaron Miller on Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:12 pm

Hey everyone
As some of you may or may not know, I am a police officer (pause for either clapping or booing...use to each LOL). And now as I have competed a few years in the Highland Games, and have had some exposure to people who do Strongman things as well; I have decided that I will be trying to organize a fundraising event for a Fallen Officer's Memorial fund.
Normally my Department and some other organinzations do running/biking type of events. You know the drill were people who like to run very long distance all pay some money to run a long distance and the organization raises some money.
Well I thought...where is the love for the people who like to push, pull, throw and carry heavy things?!?!? So I might give it a try this year.
So if anyone has any experience in this type of thing and wants to offer a suggestion...I am all ears.

Also for people who enter strongman events...or powerligting events...want is the normal entry fee...or is there one?
Thanks
Aaron
Aaron Miller

Re: A Question and some Input

Postby TheHammer on Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:42 pm

i have seen entry fee's range from 20 to 50 bucks, depending on the size of the competition.
Try not. Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

David Marble
The new sheaf gnome
and board lurker extraordinaire
TheHammer

Return to Off-topic and nonsense