No I'm not missing...but it might be preferable

If it doesn't belong on the board, please keep it off the board. If you can't, post it here.

No I'm not missing...but it might be preferable

Postby forrester on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:07 pm

Sorry I havent been in contact since the deployment ended but things have pretty much gone to shit for me. First there were demob problems that I could have handled better between myself and the powers that be at Ft. Bliss. This has led to a bunch of work shit that has finally played out and survivable.
Then my oldest daughter had an injury on the field playing soccer that meant a broken tailbone, bulging disks and out of school for two weeks, so I had to go up there to deal with that.
The latest in a string of events is that my birth mother who I reconnected with 2 years ago died of a massive heart attack in her sleep Tuesday night, and since then I have been driving across the state every day since trying to take care of all of this. Right now I am not in a very good place, there are LOTS of things that I am finding out about her that nobody should ever know about their parent, and that is just pinging my weird-o-meter right off the goddamn scale.
So basically I'm completely screwed mentally right now, and I'm supposed to be up in VA in a week and a half to go to my phase 2 BNCOC. Not sure whats gonna happen with that.
With this entire shit sandwich being fed to me with a giant spoon, unsurprisingly training has dropped to a standstill, and I may have to walk away from it all for a while...i just dont know

Anyway, just knew that I needed to let you all know whats going on, no I havent died or intentionally ignored anyone, just trying to shovel a 100 lbs of crap into a 10lb bag...

v/r,
your still trying to smile through it all friend,
tim
forrester

Re: No I'm not missing...but it might be preferable

Postby hmckenzie on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:23 pm

Good luck buddy! I hope everything works out for you, I'll be pulling for you.
HMAC
hmckenzie

Postby FrankH on Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:09 pm

Geez, Tim-- sorry to hear about all that, but I know you have what it takes to deal with it and come out in good shape at the other end. Training, when you have a chance, might be a good idea as a stress-reliever and to help you focus on something else. Either way, you have a bunch of folks here rooting for you, brother. Let us know if we can do anything to help!

--Frank
"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never... " --Winston Churchill

"A goal without a plan is just a wish". --Larry Elder
FrankH

Postby angry ant on Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:00 pm

You poor soul! I feel for you. You must feel like a crash test dummy right about now. I hope your daughter is getting good treatment and will recover ok. finding out about parental weirdness is tough, but dealing with a debilitating injury suffered by your daughter has got to be a heartbreak. You're a real good man to see her through it, and a real good man to be doing whatever it is in regard to your mom since you only just met her. God give you the fortitude you need.
angry ant

Location: somewhere between the kitchen, yard, laundry room and shop

Postby miked on Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:09 pm

Hang in there, brother. We are thinking of you and will raise a frosty one to you this weekend so the fates may smile on you a little .
miked

Postby Rich McClain on Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:06 pm

Tim, Just know that we are all here to support you in any way possible. Do what you can but more importantly, be sure to give yourself a break when you can just for sanity sake.

Rich
Richard McClain
JUST SHUT UP AND TRAIN!
Rich McClain

Return to Off-topic and nonsense