2009 Calendar

If it doesn't belong on the board, please keep it off the board. If you can't, post it here.

2009 Calendar

Postby Gunny on Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:17 am

I was so looking forward to today. The NASGA calendar was opening up for the 2009 year. I built my excel calendar so that I could plug in all the dream dates.
But it's looking pretty bleak so far.
So, who's going to the Chattanooga games? :roll:

I know, it was too much to hope for. That everyone would be up at midnight, plugging away, inputing all the games for the year. But I can hope, can't I? :cry:

But there is a parade this coming weekend. :lol:
Semper Fidelis

James (Gunny) Justice
Gunny

Re: 2009 Calendar

Postby agm on Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:23 pm

Do not trust the NASGA calendar.

It's a good place to start looking for games, but don't assume the dates are correct, or that the games even exist. If you're lucky, an AD will update the information for his/her games. If that doesn't happen, the previous year's info just rolls over to the new year, and sometimes, make that frequently, it's wrong.

Check the website for each games, check with the AD, ask on the message board covering that area, or ask on NASGA, but don't rely on the calendar.

There's at least one current pro who flew cross-country a week early because he trusted that calendar.
agm
Site Admin

Postby miked on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:12 pm

Adam is absoooolutely correct on this. The NASGA calendar is a good starting point. Always, always, double check the games web site or with the POC. Sooner is better than later.
miked

Postby The McKenzie on Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:07 am

A lot of the information on NASGA was taken from the OLD Clan MacLachlan calendar that was the official calendar for the Assn Of Scottish Games and Festivals. The guy that ran the thing was on the board at Leesburg Games.. He was a serious computer geek, lived in his basement lighted by only computer screens.. He constantly chased down this info and kept a magnificent calendar and data. When the whole Leesburg/Potomac thing imploded he quit... Kevin is now the new President of the Association of Scottish games and Festivals. He had his first grueling series of meetings after Christmas walk Parade. Once he gets hold of that organization and gets it up and running again - his off season job - I will help him investigate the possibility of reviving that calendar. It was a most reliable and valuable tool for the Scottish community at large.. We are both far too busy to screw around with it right now. Poppa Dave :roll:
The McKenzie

Return to Off-topic and nonsense