LOST Mania!

If it doesn't belong on the board, please keep it off the board. If you can't, post it here.

LOST Mania!

Postby Clancelt on Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:51 am

So, any LOST watchers here? Any theories?
I'll spank you smartly with my spank ray.
Clancelt

Re: LOST Mania!

Postby Gunny on Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:11 pm

Yea, the boat belongs to Hillary Clinton. She's researching real estate, place's to dump off Mr. Bill.
First she sent the Others there to devise a way kill off all possible offspring from his many affairs. She don't want him, but even more so, doesn't want him paying child support.

Just my theory........But it works.
Semper Fidelis

James (Gunny) Justice
Gunny

Postby jim on Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:23 pm

hmmmmm. Random observations.

The Others do not age. Odd. But they bleed and can be killed. It's not the island who keeps them from aging or the French chick would not have grown older. Don't age and cannot have children.

Three of the Oceanic 6 are Kate, Jack and Hurley. Who are the other 3? One is dead and no one likes him - Ben is my guess. Maybe Locke. Kate is probably with Sawyer. That leaves one left. Did they leave the other Oceanic survivors on the island?

Who the %#@*! is in the cabin? Looked male. Hurley saw it and Locke was in there with it.

Penny may not have been on the boat, but she was clearly monitoring the frequency that the Dahrma group was using in the Looking Glass and expecting Desmond to be using it. After 3+ years of him being gone, she did not seem surprised he was alive.

Who IS on the boat and what are they after? Are they after the island or the Others? Probably not going after the Dahrma project data. Why didn't anyone ever go looking for the remains of the Dahrma group. What was the purpose of the Dahrma group and why did they build such a stupid means for releasing the buildup of electromagnetic energy?

Oh - I would have shot Jack 2 seasons ago. Repeatedly.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
jim

Postby Jeff Storey on Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:52 pm

please start at the beginning....
I got lost in Lost about the last episode of the 1st season.
please to be catching me up.
I used to think this kitchen was big, until I saw you guys in here...
-AGM's mom
Jeff Storey

Postby Sam on Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:16 pm

Jacob was in the cabin, you know the guy that only Ben and Locke can hear. As for the rest of it, I have no clue.
Sam

Postby jim on Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:31 pm

Sam wrote:Jacob was in the cabin, you know the guy that only Ben and Locke can hear. As for the rest of it, I have no clue.

Apparently not. The person Hurley saw was identified (via freeze frame) as Jack's father. But the eye that looked out the window was neither Jack's father nor Locke (wrong eye color).

It's easier to go to the Lostipedia and forums than to put too much time into muddling out the details.

Other items - Naomi spoke 5 or 6 different languages, including Portuguese, Mandarin, Italian and English. Who is her sister - they wouldn't put it in if it were not important.
jim

Postby Clancelt on Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:00 pm

Ok, strange that they say "Oceanic 6" and there are six seats marked on this chart. But note that Hurley is not one of them. Was Hurley in the wrong seat? I think Hurley is an enigma. For one, Hurley's Flashbacks/forwards do not jive with the others. For one, Hurley is the only one who's "real life" seems unbelievable. I don't think the flashbacks/forwards are any more real than the island. Perhaps small parts, but surely not all of them. Plus there are SO many themes and plots that parallel literary themes it almost appears as if most of this is being generated from someone's imagination based on things they have read. Just my observation.

Also, in the other alternate reality (Their perceived "real world") flight 815 is laying on the bottom of the sea floor with no survivors. How would Oceanic Air have a seating chart with the plane marked where it broke up when in their world it didn't? Hmmm, what a cool fricken show!
Clancelt

Postby Sam on Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:40 pm

Lostipedia

Are you kidding me.
Sam

Postby FrankH on Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:23 pm

Shouldn't this thread be in the "NERD" section? :shock:
"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never... " --Winston Churchill

"A goal without a plan is just a wish". --Larry Elder
FrankH

Postby jim on Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:11 am

The Nerd forum is for discussing old Star Trek episodes and Dr. Who. You need to pass the nerd test to have access.
jim

Postby Clancelt on Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:53 am

Names of some of my servers:

Farpoint
Vulcan
Deepspace9
Tribble (Spam filtering..lol. You know how that stuff multiplies!) :ugeek:

lol, and I know I'm not alone.

Now, where did I put that Sonic Screwdriver....
Clancelt

Postby FrankH on Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:58 am

My bad! :oops:

P.S. A three-colored, slightly asymmetrical triskelon is the most common symbol of the Klingons from the Star Trek franchise since their first appearance in the original series. Its meaning within the context of the Star Trek universe has never been explained, but the producers of the original show chose it because it was vaguely reminiscent of a Nazi swastika, thereby implying the Klingons were the 'bad guys' without being too obvious about it.
"...never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never... " --Winston Churchill

FrankH

Postby bjketchem on Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:48 pm

Eric, I'm very late on this topic...but Lost is a GREAT show....What are your (or anyone for that matter) thoughts on the "boat people"...we know they're after Ben, but we know Ben gets off and somehow Saheed is employed by Ben (from the flash forwards)...this show is dangerous, everytime a question is answered, another pops up...great stuff.
I will be the new, improved and almost as good-looking Mike Wills.
bjketchem

Postby Clancelt on Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:58 pm

Hey BJ, I'll throw something together in a bit. Not feeling to great and just catching up on the mail and boards :(

-E
Clancelt

Postby agm on Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:45 pm

jim wrote:The Nerd forum is for discussing old Star Trek episodes and Dr. Who. You need to pass the nerd test to have access.

I don't watch Lost, so I ignored this thread (watched the first six episodes, got backed up on the DVR, then it crashed and burned, taking several episodes with it, and I never got back to it). But this Nerd forum is a pretty good idea. What did you have in mind for the test? Would it help if I mentioned that I just finished a Bittorrent download of the first season of the Sarah Jane Smith spin-off show and am currently - yes, right now - burning a DVD with the first episode and the David Tennant/Peter Davison Doctor Who special?
agm
Site Admin

Postby FrankH on Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:59 am

:shock: Your welcome package is in the mail. Don't forget to print legibly.

FrankH

Postby Mrs. T-Bone on Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:52 pm

It's The FRENCH! It's Always The FRENCH! :roll:
Familiarity breeds consent...
Steph Stewart Fitzsimmons
Mrs. T-Bone

Location: Somewhere between the pool in Sarasota, the York river in Gloucester and the next game field

Postby scottishbelle on Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:38 pm

Changing time schedules, the show that always rins a few minutes longer than scheduled, WAY too many commercial breaks. All I can say is THANK GOODNESS FOR DVR - otherwise my VCR and I would have LEFT "LOST" long ago. Thanks to DVR, I am keeping up.

Contrary to an earlier post, I actually think Hurley's flases back are *more* realistic than most. There are people who win the lottery and then feel "cursed" --- and there are LOTS of folks in the "funny farm". BUT: Jack the Savior Surgeon - Kate the Killer - Sawyer the Pro Con Man - Locke who got his kidney stolen by dear old dad (the same one who Conned Sawyer's Mom so his dad whacked her and himself) - Jin and Sun with the "mafia-type" controlling father/father-in-law - and let's not even get into the "other" survivors on the other side of the island that all are now dead and seemed to be only a one-season phenom to take up time and show space.

Sayid, Kate, Jack, Hurley (and Aaron, but does he really count as an Oceanic Survivor?) are all seen in flash forwards. Jin and Sun are as well - with Hurley accompanying Sun to Jin's grave site with their new baby that is born after rescue. So did Jin die BEFORE or AFTER rescue? He did say he would do *anything* to save/protect Sun and their baby.

Ahhh...the saga goes on. I started out watching 24 with the same enthusiasm as LOST - but decided the week-to-week suspense was too much after the first few seasons. At least with LOST I get "lost" enough in the plot that I don't go crazy waiting for the NEXT episode (too busy still trying to sort out the last one!)

I like Bernard & Rose. Nice couple - simple dreams.
scottishbelle

Return to Off-topic and nonsense